Friday 10 October 2014

CAMILLE ROSE CURL MAKER

I was kindly offered the opportunity to test out the new formula of the Curl Maker. I must admit I had not heard of it until I was contacted by the company therefore I was excited to try it. This product promises to give you  "defined, shiney and manageable curls with pomegranate seed oil. marshmallow and agave leaf extracts. Your hair will have amazing curl definition, bounce and moisture that every curl or coil will love! Perfect for wash and go styling"  

Gentle disclaimer: This product is great for defining the curls you already have it will NOT however "make curls" that you don't possess.

I am not usually a wash and go fan but In oder to give a fair review I gave it a go. I followed the instructions on the bottle which states that you should " Apply an ample amount to clean, conditioned and detangled hair. Section soaking wet hair with fingers and distribute from root to the tips of your hair. Make sure hair is wet while using this jelly. Re-wet sections that are drying. Finger style your hair and let air dry. A micro fiber towel may be used for faster drying." 


The product is a gel like consistency without the stickiness it also provides great slippage. It also has a pleasant smell not too overbearing and not scent less either. As promised I did get all of the results mentioned as seen HERE AND HERE. However around day 4 of the wash and go I had so many flakes that resulted in me washing my hair again. 

I then went on to use to product again following the instructions but this time adding a leave In conditioner (before applying the curl maker) I opted for my Cantu Shea Butter Leave In. I decided on some flat twists hoping for a flat twistout. I was disappointed once I started take them down because I ended up with defined curls on the top of my head but frizz everywhere else. I did however get great definition and shine in the bits that were not frizzy, thus opting for a fixer updo which turned out great.


I would rate this product a 6/10 as of right now. Everything that's promised I did achieve so there is definitely room for improvement on my part. Furthermore seeing flakes on Day 4 is not bad at all because by then most of us will be considering a new style to switch to.  I will try this product again and hopefully get the perfect outcome using new methods. I am almost certain I will eventually get the best results for my hair!

For those in the US you can purchase Camille Rose products online HERE or Target stores. For those in the UK you can purchase your products on the  Beauty By Zara site HERE. 

All opinions are my own. Thanks to Camille Rose for the sample to review. 

1 comment:

  1. Wondering if you're coming back to the blog or can I only access you from Instagram now?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments x